My eBay Sprite - update

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My eBay Sprite - update
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:57:24 -0800
Hi Folks...
Well, I have started civil legal proceedings against the seller of my
so-called "Restored" Sprite. I'll see how far I get ! After all, I'm in
WA state and he's in MO - and that's where I have to fight the case ---
long distance!!
The attorney has warned me of two things.
One, this particular county is known for having some very shady dealers
and two, there may be some partisan feelings in the judicial arena :-\
There is a strong possibility that I will get nothing out of this
except the satisfaction of getting the seller into court...

As the numbers on this car are fake... is there anyway I can determine
the size of the engine WITHOUT pulling it to pieces??  If I work on the
vehicle before the case is heard I will damage my suit.

It was advertised as a 1275 and the fake engine number starts of with
'12cc'  but there is no oil separator on the timing case and it has a 4-
blade steel fan..

The block has no removable tappet covers, the letters '1 01H'(?) cast
in at the front left side. Also on the lower left is the blanking plate
that I wold expect to find on a 1275,
The head has blanking bolts fitted where I think the air rail was
fitted which makes me want to think that the head is from a 1275.

It does have a rib-cage transmission.

Is there a number in the block casting that would give me a clue??
And, would I be correct in assuming this is a 1275 with bits from a
1098??

Dave G.