NOT leaky carbs - SPRAYING carbs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: NOT leaky carbs - SPRAYING carbs
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:47:29 -0600
You might recall me addressing the list in the past month about the jet
assembly connection to the float bowl.
My apologies for the repetition....

So, I got all the carbs and hoses  all secured and snug this afternoon.
Battery charged, original dizzy back in place til the carbs can be called
OK.
And then I turned the key....
Woah.
the fuel pump kicked on and I went to inspect....
The connection between the front jet assembly and the fuel float bowl was
leaking like a squirt gun.
I mean A LOT OF GAS.
So I shut down the works tried a few variations of the coupling set up to no
avail.

If it's not the location of the rubber washer (in front of or behind the
copper nut screw) -- it very well could just be the condition of the washer.
It looked a wee bit shredded. Could be either a poor seal or a bad seating
of the jet assembly hose. Dunno but I am putting off further deliberations
until the gas evaporates.
I gots the feeling the fun times are just begining.

Miles Herndon
(not Dale)
inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo  buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06