I learn something new every day

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: I learn something new every day
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:19:44 -0800
A friend sent me an article on a report from J.D. Powers & Associates
and Consumer Reports on quality comparisons between  Ford, General
Motors, and Japanese cars.  It had originally come from a website I had
never heard of,  howtobuyamerican.com .  The site is entirely about what
products are made in America, and those from foreign countries.

I skimmed through the site, and was surprised to learn what tire
manufacturers were owned by companies owned by American or foreign
countries.  I did not know, for instance, that Dunlop is now
Australian-owned, B.F. Goodrich by a French company, and Firestones is
owned by a Japanese company.

I guess I am either dumb or way-behind-the-times.  Oh, what did you
say?  Behind-the-times?  Well, thank you!

Buster Evans