Re: Exhaust Question

To: Robert <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Question
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:18:51 -0500
Before you do anything irreversible, please know that on our 1966
Sprite, we have a single exhaust pipe coming out about that same
distance.  It looks a little goofy because we have no rear bumper, but
it is that long.  And no fumes come in to the car with the top off.  Our
1969 Sprite, that we used to have, looked just like yours, with the twin
pipes and the bumper, and we had the same problem you do with fumes.  I
never solved it.

Is it possible that the bumper causes some undesirable turbulence?