Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: "chuck" <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:13:39 -0800 (PST)
My only experience with a VW van was back in 1972.  I bought a 67 split
window with a camper conversion in it for $700.  A bed, a sink and a
refer!  Well, all that comfort came at a cost.  That bus did not have
enough power to get out of it's own way.  ANY grade and the bus slowed.
The one time I took it on the road was from Los Angeles to the Colorado
River on the Arizona side.  Every time the road started to incline up, I
had to pull over the side of the road to let all other traffic pass by.  I
could not get it to go over 60-65 MPH.  That would be downhill with a
tailwind.  You just could not be in a hurry and drive one of these
somewhere.  I sold it after only six months of ownership and bought a 1959
TR3 for $350.  Another mistake, I got broadsided in the TR by a 57
Oldsmobile while I was making a left turn.  Spun me around 3 times and
bent the car beyond my limited skills to repair.  I felt safer in the TR.
The TR had just been painted and the motor rebuilt.  I still owned my
original 59 Bugeye during all of this, it just wasn't running.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 FLST