RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: "Paul Van Wig" <pvanwig@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:59:12 -0700
My dad used VW vans as the shop truck and family van starting in 54. I
learned to drive with a 65 I bought the 70 just after it rolled over 2k. I
sold it at 4.25k the original transaxle was replaced at 3.25k with new
motors about every 80k miles.

As for safety that's the job of the loose nut behind the wheel ;)

I'm a backpacker, skier, and cyclist. Ex-pattern maker, Ocean Lifeguard by
profession. If they still made a van like the old ones I would still have
one. They went places (ok a little slower) that my fwd dodge van could not
go like steep dirt/gravel trails (I have a jeep now and am still amazed at
some of the places I got the bus to) I once put my "v" bar type snow chains
on out in the desert to get across a step banked gravel covered stone slab
of "road?" that some true 4x4s where having trouble with.

One time I had 7 bikes on the roof and 8 people inside after a group ride to
Ensenada for the drive back to Rosaria. I have loaded it up until the
suspension was on the stops for short hauls.

My current ride is 180 degrees different. A 2006 Dodge Turbo Diesel with 325
hp and 610 foot pounds of toque (I only get 16 mpg on the new motor but it
will come up after I get it broke in at about 80k I got 21 mpg the 2001 when
I traded it in on the 4x4.)

Paul Van Wig
Big Bear, CA
60 Bugeye