Re: SU needles TRUTH REVEALED!

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: SU needles TRUTH REVEALED!
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:55:20 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <b-evans@earthlink.net>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "Peter C" <peter@nosimport.com>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:46 AM

>Larry Daniels wrote:  "Buster, now look up "founder".  I think you'll find
>that Peter was correct."

Yes, but the preferred word, considering the usage or context, would be
"flounder", for all were indeed thrashing about wildly trying to find an
answer, rather than "foundering" as a ship on  rocks.  To say people
were foundering/failing, would presume a proven right (by Peter) or
proven wrong.(by the masses).

Silas P. Gumbody
Bald Knob, Arkansas
Resident Etymologist

Websters New World Dictionary:

Founder:
1.  to stumble, fall or go lame
2. to become stuck as in soft ground, bog down

There are more definitions, but I think that covers what was happening as
Peter said.

LAD