Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:27:37 -0500
WST and I replaced the rear disc brakes on SilverStreak last year with later
948 drums. It sat all winter, and now I find that I can't adjust them. It
appears that the adjuster wedges ( Moss part #181-905) are not long enough to
engage the adjuster tappet (Moss #181-895). My sincere apologies ;-) for
referencing Mo$$ (we got all the parts from PPP), but I just want people to
know what the parts I am talking about are. When the adjuster tappet is
screwed all the way in, it doesn't begin to move the wedges, and hence, the
shoes, out. Has anyone encountered this problem? I want to autocross at RA
MOTRAH 007 in May, but this throws a monkey wrench into that plan.

TIA

Bud

Whitey - 1275 Street Bugeye
SilverStreak - 1275 Race Sprite
"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance