Re: Brakes acting funny...

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes acting funny...
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:11:47 -0500
Several reasonable suggestions here.  I will get the whole car up on
jack stands in a couple of weeks when I have time. Then I will inspect
each wheel cylinder and the master.  The item which confuses me most
is the valve Frank mentions. My brake failure lamp doesn't come on.
Not because the little distribution valve isn't working right, but
because the wire that goes to the sensor on this switch has corroded
off!!

Frank...   You say you have gone back to the 67 system.  How the heck
do you do that??
I have not understood that little distribution valve since day one and
would be more than happy to be rid of it. It may well be where my
problem lies but even if it isn't I'd be glad to get rid of something
that makes no sense to me...

Shoot!  My old bikes have all mechanical brakes and they are a hell of
a lot easier to work with.on!!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City

--