ABSOLUTELY list content!!!

To: TheDrams@yahoogroups.com, Slobberbone <slobberbone@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: ABSOLUTELY list content!!!
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 06:58:25 -0500
I know I am hitting up all my lists, music, cars and joke, but believe me,
someone on every list will want to know.......
My list content is about DRINKING!! I know most of you like to drink beer
(not you Maddy, BETTER NOT!! <G>) Some of you might like something a bit
stronger. If so, this email is for you.
I am getting ready to take my mobile tequila bar to the next level. Friday,
I ordered a charred wooden cask, so that I can start to blend and age my
favorite tequilas. You may know that the longer a liquor sits in the barrel
and ages, the smoother tasting it becomes. The char helps to pull away that
strong taste of alcohol that makes your eyes water and gets you reaching for
the salt and limes.
I looked around for a one gallon barrel, and found that most of them are
around, or above, the $100 mark. I called one place that caught my eye, due
to their pricing structure, and was told they were closed. Undaunted, I
emailed the company anyway, asking if it was closed for the evening,
weekend, or forever. They called back, and talk about helpful.....
For around the $50 mark, I am getting the barrel, stand, spigot, bung, and
engraving. This is a heavy char, to give the tequila a nice smokey flavor.
You DBT fans might want the same, to liven up the Jack you drink.
They also make a toasted, and lightly charred, for those that are wanting to
age their wines or clear liquor. Those barrels need a bit of prepping from
the purchaser, from what I had read on other sites. Though I have seen a
brown tinged rum from time to time...........
I know a gallon barrel is a bit large for most folks, but starting at less
than $30, a person opt for a one litre barrel. They also offer 2, 3, and 5
litre. There are many factors that determine price, the type of band on the
barrel, the type of spigot you receive, and what you have burned/engrave on
the end. They WILL do logos, so you could have a DBT whiskey barrel, or a
Spridget Scotch barrel.
If any of you reading this, have any further interest, hit me off list.
I have no financial interest in this company, hell, I haven't even gotten my
barrel yet. But the sales guy has called me several times AFTER I placed my
order, asking questions, and wanting to make sure that everything is going
to be to my satisfaction. When you get service like that, and you know as
many drinkers as I do, I just had to say something.
Oh, IMPORTANT note, your project will need to sit at least 6 months to cure
(it should be a year, but you can add wood chips to give the liquor more
surface area to cure on, and cut the cure time in half) So if you can't wait
that long (Frank, you can take three cars from rust bucket to restored in
that length of time) you may not want one of these.
Thanks for the advert space.

Tequila Brad

--
www.myspace.com/tequilabrad