Re: MIG Welder & Sprinzel front end info

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: MIG Welder & Sprinzel front end info
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:23:19 -0400
Depending on the welding supplier, it could be a better deal to purchase
your tanks.  In Connecticut, I use ABCO (don't know if they are beyond
Ct, but they have many outlets here).  I own my tanks, so I pay no
rental, but for refills, they exchange the tank.  So I don't have to
face the recertification issue, because I'm always getting fresh tanks.
The purchase cost amortized over the years has been far less than rental
would have been.  I do have an issue with one tank (argon/CO2) I have
with fittings different than their usual.  They don't have that style to
exchange, so it has to go to one of their bigger stores to actually be
filled.  But in the meantime, they loan me a tank while I'm waiting!  I
did have to face the recertification issue with that tank once, but it
is so new looking, they simply filled it and sent it back!  Maybe next
time I'll have to deal with it.  But I have extra tanks (long story) so
I just keep recycling the ones that they will exchange and keep that
new-looking one in reserve.