Austin Sheerline

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin Sheerline
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:02:16 -0700
I looked over the 1952 Austin Sheerline this Saturday and had to pass on it.
It needed too many un-obtanium parts to be brought back affordably.  The sad
part is that the one I found in Florida has all the missing bits in a car that
lacks what the one here in California has.  If only the two of them could be
brought into the same yard, there would be one totally cool saloon reborn.  As
it stands with a continent between them, neither will be restorable.  I
e-mailed the Florida owner and he's wavering on selling the car.  If he caves
in, I would be looking for a Fla. lister to eyeball it before buying and
shipping it to the left coast.

Though disappointed, it freed up Sunday to put the replacement pistons in the
turbo-bugeye motor and get the head back on.  Only 14 months to go!!!!

Glen Byrns