Re: [Spridgets] Nice tow vehicle

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Nice tow vehicle
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net> wrote:
> Ron, I've been gone and may have missed why you had
> low oil pressure at
> RA.....just curious.

Just came back from midnight run to Madison to drop
off parts.

No root cause yet. Effect was a bludgeoning of #4, a
page out of the Zoom Handbook. Suspicion from several
is oil pump. Could be improper bearing clearance, but
I do the mic thing upon assembly and am pretty
confident all clearances were fine. The fact that
Flounder and I both toasted King Tri-metal rod
bearings is a heckuva coincidence. I also blame the
driver's enjoyment of the new cam, removing any limit
on the top end of the motor, and boy was it fun for
the first 104 race miles.

Anyway, crank is now .010 under on rods, std on mains.
No other work needed (lots of hot tanking). Should be
good to go for Blackhawk.

Ron Soave

"Life is just one damn thing after another" - Mark Twain