Re: [Spridgets] 5 Speed Clutch Problem

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 5 Speed Clutch Problem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:21:59 -0400
Mike

How is the master cyl rod adjusted.
And too much length on the slave rod with not enough on the master rod
may be your problem.
If the master rod is not letting the juice past the tiny hole in the
master, you build no pressure.
And if the slave rod is too long, it may be overthrowing the clutch.
I had to mess with the rods for the 5 speed on my 58.
At first I had serious clutch slippage, shorten the slave rod and I
could not get it in gear. I'm talking 1 or 2 turns of the adjustable rod.
Just a thought.
Try rolling the car in gear (5th) engine off.
Now do it again with your foot on the clutch.
Note if there is any difference.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ