[Spridgets] 71 Midget windshield wiper gearbox

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] 71 Midget windshield wiper gearbox
From: philip.s.jones@comcast.net (Phil Jones)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:20:07 +0000
Well, it's been a while since I posted, but my favorite recent line has been
"don't be a whining jackass".  Thanks Derf!  That's a good one.

Now for the LBC content:  I took my underutilized 71 Midget out for a drive in
the rain the other day; and noticed that the center of my three wipers was
moving through a larger arc (more degrees of rotation) than the other two.  A
few years ago, I completely rebuilt the car; and think I  remember replacing
one of the gearboxes.  My first thought was that I must have; and that the
replacement gearbox must have a different ratio than the original ones.

Any comments on that?  Do some years' wiper gearboxes have different ratios?
Maybe there is a specific ratio for each wiper position?  A bozo installation
error?

Just in case that's not enough to prompt a response:  I have a democratic cat
that likes guns. guinness, craftsman tools, cast aluminum wheel chocks and
naked ladies.  And my delete key works fine.

Thank in advance for your insightful replies.