Re: [Spridgets] Brake bleeder valve

To: Jethro <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake bleeder valve
From: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:40:16 -0400
My guess would be the C clips you are trying to use are actually E
clips (supplied with almost all the new rear wheel cylinders from Mo$
$ and VB).  They are next to impossible to put on.

With all the brake hardware off the car, removing the 4 bolts that
hold the rear backing plate on the axle will allow you to rotate the
backing plate to install the clips in a more user friendly position.
Then rotate the backing plate back to it's correct position and
reinstall the 4 bolts.   This makes the job much easier.

The other option is to go to your local hardware store and buy some
real C clips, like the clips originally furnished on the car.  They
are much easier to install.

Kevin V.