Re: [Spridgets] Main bearing caps 1275

To: "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Main bearing caps 1275
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:01:36 -0500
Mini Mania has some for $25

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ron Soave
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:32 PM
To: Daniel1312@aol.com; hal@katemuir.com; spridgets@autox.team.net

--- Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> In my opinion it's simpler not to bother having the
> centre main strapped but
> to have a steel 4 bolt main instead.  Ok it's not

I have one, I sleep better knowing it's there. The
block has to be align bored and the thrust washer
slots need to be sized properly, and the directions on
how to orient it are not quite right. You also drill
and tap the hole for the oil pickup strainer. They are
like $350 at the suppliers, less than $100 on the SCCA
bulletin boards if you keep your eyes peeled.

My buddy Jeff has 3 straps on his thin flanged race
motor, 4 years no issues.

Ron