Re: [Spridgets] Chrome

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Chrome
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:51:58 -0500
> Paul Asgeirsson <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net> wrote:  WOW! That's a lot
> of chrome for "If it don't go, chrome it!" There's a
> spin on oil filter attachment there too. They go for about $125 now. This
> is the original, not the leaky repro one.

Still looked like a mighty high starting bid for a buncha spare parts from a
74 Midget. It didn't look to me like there was anything in the pile which
had any more chrome than when it came from the factory; just looked like he
had gathered all the chrome bits he could take off the car, added a few
other chunks of "white metal" and threw them in a box... I loved his remark
to the question about the windshield, "I know what these things are
worth..."
David Lieb