Re: [Spridgets] 1500 1976 Midget

To: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1500 1976 Midget
From: "Michael Conn" <mconn2@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:55:40 -0400
Derf,

My friend replaced the alternator as you suggested, and all is now well in
that area.   My friend thanks you for your help.

Having got the vehicle back on the road it will try to die on him at, say,
traffic lights.   To keep it going he has to press down on the gas pedal.
The vehicle back-fires when he switches off.   Sounds like dirt in the fuel
system, maybe water in the system from standing so long and/or old gas.
Any thoughts, please?

Michael