[Spridgets] The Last Waltz - Palo Alto British Meet's Final Year

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] The Last Waltz - Palo Alto British Meet's Final Year
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:43:26 -0800
A message to all West Coast/California people on this list

The Last Waltz - Palo Alto British Meet's Final Year

Dear Readers,
It is with great regret that I must report that this year will be the last for
the 30-year-old Palo Alto British Car Meet. The park is going to be
reconstructed into an emergency reservoir for Palo Alto and rebuilt using
astroturf on the fields. No more car shows as oil and gas will damage the new
surface.

Park and Rec officials have offered the city streets as an alternative, to be
held in conjunction with other special events like art & craft shows.  While we
appreciate the offers, this is not what we envisioned three dacades ago, a
reasonably priced, all British concours, that would serve as a convention to
not only bring enthusiasts, publications, local shops and national parts
suppliers together, but to showcase our automotive passion to newcomers and
enthusiasts from other corners of the hobby.

This year will be our last at El Camino Park in Palo Alto.  We are planning the
same show that you all have come to expect - lawn, jazz coordinated by musical
director Herb Gibson, proper British breakfasts and lunches by Dennis Bedford
and his The Ministry Of Food. Prizes in a bunch of classes, club displays and
specialty vendors - plans are underway to bring back the Saturday Swap Meet one
more time and our Saturday tour to the coast will be better than ever. Come
join us for the last waltz at El Camino Park on September 8th & 9th, 2007

We are already looking for a new venue for 2008 and we will keep you posted in
The British Car Network. We would like to thank all of you, especially the
marque clubs, both in LA, where we lost our park a few years ago, and in the
San Francisco Bay Area, for 30 years of enthusiastic support and all of the fun
and good cheer that you have brought to these meets and our hobby in general.
As one of the first in the US, we know that we sparked a movement that spread
all over the country and our offspring can be seen in all corners of the nation.

Long live the British car and the people who cherish them .........

Best,
Rick Feibusch,

If you would like to join the British Car Network and know about all of the
California British car events and stories of British Automotive intrest, email:
 <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>, and ask to be put on the list - This list is
privately held, non-commercial and not available to spammers.