Re: [Spridgets] exhaust wrap

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] exhaust wrap
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:05:04 -0400
I don't know!  No-one told me anything about that!!  :)  I don't have a clue
whether the corrosion happens more from the inside or the outside.  I do know
that mufflers will corrode from the inside if you have a habit of taking short
trips and are less likely to do so if you get the exhaust up to temp.  If what
I 'know' is actually true, then I would suspect that the header would get up to
temp fairly quickly and be less likely to suffer the same fate.  But, I'm
guessing wildly.  Engineers???

Going from very bad memory, I think my previous Maniflow header was installed
in the early 70's and it corroded enough to break ( what was it? ) about 2
years ago?  I think that was aided by a speed bump that I didn't go quite slow
enough over.

The new one http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Intake009.jpg
is coated on the outside only.  I can let you know when it needs to be
replaced? ;)

RD