[Spridgets] Diffs again, if I may

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Diffs again, if I may
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:05:24 -0400
I tried to post awhile back-when the thread started getting out of hand,
but don't think I made it.

I have a Phantom Grip on my vintage race car.  Bill Perry told me it was
essentially a "torque sensing device" and would limit inside wheel slip
until the inside wheel lost all traction.  He said at that point there
was "zero torque" so the Phantom Grip did nothing.

I'm trying to understand this.

Can someone explain in simple terms how the Phantom Grip spring-operated
clutches work in different low traction situations?

Or maybe steer me to a link with decent explanation?

Thanks.

JohnD