Re: [Spridgets] Record restoration

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Record restoration
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 05:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
Guess it's a good thing I cleared out your last '71 the day before...  Hope to
have it registered in NY with historic plates by tomorrow afternoon!
   - David

Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
  Kevin V showed up at my door yesterday, Sunday around 9:00 am with a
totally disassembled Midget on a trailer, a pickup truck with 4 fenders,
2 bonnets, a few doors, some patch panels, and a couple of boot lids.
We picked the best of the bunch, cut out the A posts, rear dog legs, and
some other rusted out areas, welded it up, bondo-ed it up and today
(Monday) it is sporting it's second coat of primer and just about ready
for paint tomorrow. We do have to sand it down with 320 grit and touch
up a few spots with some spot putty but tomorrow it should be "RESALE
RED"! Give us til Thursday and all the mechanicals will be finished.
We have found that Burger King wrappers take too long so we used Taco
Bell wrappers to fil the rust holes this time. Thus the record body work.
Kevin is still here but he was worried about getting his 71 Midget in
tip top shape for next June and the 50th meet. Well 3 days and it's
painted from a typical shell with major rust. It did have good floors
and sills so that helped. And his patch panels were bought 8 years ago
and made in the UK so THAT was a plus too. Kevin sanded, I cut and
welded, Kevin sanded I mixed paint, Kevin sanded, I squirted primer,
Kevin sanded, I cleaned up the garage, Kevin sanded, I watched, Kevin
sanded I was a gopher,Kevin sanded while I cut up Taco Bell wrappers,
Kevin sanded some more and I helped for a change.
So if 2 guys can put a Midget together in 2 days and have it ready for
paint, why do I keep reading about 1, 2, 5, and 10 year projects?
Just do it!
Oh yeah, tomorrow while Kevin is sanding, I'll go get the paint.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.