Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: b-evans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
The 2nd part is inarguably true. Ford had to shut down
the production line for over a year to retool for the
Model A after Chevy kicked the Model T's butt. That
was Henry's arrogance, despite Edsel's advice. I guess
I didn't find the first part offensive.

-- Robert Bruce Evans <b-evans@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "The Model T...conferred to Americans the notion of
> automobility as something akin to natural law, a
> right endowed by our Creator. A century later, the
> consequences of putting every living soul on
> gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over
> our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots.
> And by the way, with its blacksmithed body panels
> and crude instruments, the Model T was a piece of
> junk, the Yugo of its day

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/