Re: [Spridgets] Garage space - purchase questions

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Garage space - purchase questions
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:13:18 -0600
That is if they catch you doing something you aren't supposed to be doing.
I think the idea is not to go looking for trouble.  If you contact the
EPA and start asking questions, they will assume you have an agenda
and subject you to high scrutiny.
This is a "don't poke a bear with a stick" moment.
Obey the law.  Don't pollute (Give a Hoot?).
The EPA is kinda like OSHA, FEMA, the IRS and most government
watchdogs: a good idea gone terribly astray due to ginormous
bureaucratic complication.

It would probably cost you more to prove that the property is safe, by
EPA standards, than the property is worth.

I'll take Peter's quote one step farther: Never build over and
abandoned anything.