I got the engine out Saturday morning, swapped in a fresh clutch,
slightly retarded the cam timing and drilled and tapped the holes for the
intake air and water temp sensors. I got the engine back in late
Saturday night but the wife forbade starting it up at that hour.
It started right up this morning and I reset the timing. A short test
drive confirmed the cam retime was a good change. I just finished
connecting the water temp, tach signal, intake air temp and O2 sensor
inputs to the relay board which is now mounted. I connected the laptop
to the diagnostic port of the EFI computer and started up the motor
(still with the SU for now). All the sensing stuff worked great and the
ECU was easily driving my imaginary injectors at the low end of their
duty cycle. Fuel pump relay clicked on and off as appropriate and the
tach signal from the Crane700 is nice and clean so there were no "resets"
of the program. Good to go for tomorrow when all the "wet" stuff arrives
in the mail. Fuel pump, regulator and injectors. Fab time coming soon.
Edit your replies