Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:15:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> I imagine that bearing engineers just look at you
> funny if you suggest

Mike is a bearing engineer.

We were playing with this issue at work one lunch
hour. Without being 100% certain of materials and
assuming my race car bearings got to 350F, .007" was
more like what we calculated as being needed (we
actually came up with .010). I actually was doing
wheel bearings last night, and I couldn't get a dial
indicator set up well enough to even come close to
getting the measurement accurately after shimming, so
I had to go by feel. I suppose we'll see how these do
on the track.

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on
Yahoo! TV.
http://tv.yahoo.com/