Re: [Spridgets] strange problem expert needed

To: "Jerry Goodman" <jerry.goodman@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] strange problem expert needed
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:36:33 -0500
I've never broken one (my GF did..... honest), I'm no expert, didn't
stay at a Holiday Inn, but strange?.... mebbe.

All I can say is keep hammering. Mine was a wire wheel Midget. I
finally bought a scruffy used knock-off, drilled a hole in it, and
used a BF slide hammer. The once-mushroom end eventually squeezed
enough to come out. It mushrooms into the space between the carrier
bearing and the gear. Make something similar so you can get a slide
hammer on it..... a BF one.  You probably should inspect/replace the
bearing. I didn't, but then I sold the car to the same GF ;-)

Peter C.
=====