Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Wheels

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Wheels
From: charles christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
ok , you could have a few problems.
all too frequently the shrader valve in the valve stem is either defective or
was not tightened up enough when reinstalled after seating the tire bead on the
rim.
the hole thatthe valve stem needs to be nice and clean of rust or dirt so the
stem seals itself to the rim.
the rim's bead seats need to be very clean and as smooth as possible as that
area of a tire is rather rigid and can only seal surface imperfections just so
much.  (rusty rims drive tire guys insane as then they use something asan owner
you really want to avoid "tire bead sealer" wich makes rubber cement / look
like water!).
if you are using an early riveted rim there is a remote possibility therim
hasseen spirited use early in it's wage and might have a leaky rivet.
and the worst case is the kind and ever lovving gentle tire installer damaged
the tire's bead and tore it somewhere.

easy test is to remove valve stem cap and literally put a bubble of spit on
theend of the stem where you inflate it!  if it blows bubbles you found the
culprit.    the next step is to wait untill wife is not home (VERY IMPORTAINT!)
(they do not apreciate car parts in the tub or tools in the dish washer for
some unknown reason??(transmission cases really get 'em worked up too!) and
submerge the tire and watch for the telll tale bubbles.

chuck
cascade really does leave tools spot free!  ;)
and youse guys thought i died or fell of the face of the earth!