Re: [Spridgets] Dumb Question

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Dumb Question
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:24:57 -0800
I think the chain edges would actually ride on the rubber and be pushed
slightly above the trough at the bottom of each tooth of the sprocket
providing some tensioning and noise dampening.  Of course, after 30 years or
so, the rubber has turned to ceramic and has NO effect whatsoever except to
puzzle modern day owners.

Glen