[Spridgets] Stuck in first

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Stuck in first
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:47:21 -0600
I've got a straight-cut gearbox that is stuck in first gear.

I previously had a stock gearbox with this same problem.  I just removed
the side plate and pushed in the little balls while jiggling the gear
lever and it came loose pretty easily.  I've since installed a spacer on
the shaft in that 'box to keep it from happening again.

This time I've applied the same method and got nowhere.  Well, actually,
I did get the shaft to move a bit and the fork to shake around, but I
haven't been able to get it out of first.  There doesn't seem to be
pressure on the balls, so it seems that something else is binding on it.
Anyone have a suggestion as to what to try next?

Thanks!

David