[Spridgets] The 67 Runs

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] The 67 Runs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:48:29 -0500
And it runs very well.
It should since the engine, carbs, and dizzy have all been rebuilt.
But the issues are still there.
Fuel pump leaks, I fixed it and then it quit.
So much for old SU fuel pumps, I will give up originality and go buy a
transistor fuel pump tomorrow.
The tach does not work, I don't know why yet.
The dizzy drive is in 180 out as should be expected since I did it by
the book and I can not for the life of me see the smaller offset.
Looks to be dead center with that notch so that makes for a 50/50 chance
and if I have a 50/50 chance, I will get it wrong 99% of the time.
And the alternator shows an ignition lamp burning bright on the dash but
it is putting out 15.5 volts out the back. More issues to work out.
No oil leaks (yet)and 80 psi pressure. No radiator yet so I did not run
it long, and I still have to finish the carpet before I install the
shifter so I can back it out for it's maiden voyage.
I will pipe up the radiator so I can rev the hell out of the new engine
before I change the oil. If it's gonna blow up, let it do it now and not
on the road to LotO.
All in all, it was a good evening.
Now I have things to fix for the next couple of nights.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ