Re: [Spridgets] The finished 67

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The finished 67
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:34:48 -0600
> First of all, by 1980 Walter Carlos and his cojones were long parted and
> he
> was going by Wendy Carlos.
> Secondly...Why would you install an 8 track, and then get a cassette
> adapter? What am I missing in this thread?
> BTW, were these things tube, or solid-state?

They were solid state.
You are correct (of course) about Walter and Wendy, but I believe that it
was still Walter when the recordings were created...
The starving college student was the explanation for the installation of a
(free) 8-track deck with synthesized quadrophonic. Since I had no 8-track
tapes, I scrounged a cassette adaptor for the deck (Radio Shack, IIRC) to
play the cassettes that I pirated off of friends' albums.
Got it all straight now? ;-)