Re: [Spridgets] first post/blown head gasket?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] first post/blown head gasket?
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:04:05 -0700
?
If the radiator AND overflow tank were filled before the drive, then some
would certainly overflow once hot from a drive. The overflow tank is
designeds to be about half full when cold.   As the constantly full radiator
heats up, some coolant is pushed into the overflow tank, and as it cools,
the gurgle would be coolant from the overflow tank going back into the
radiator.  Remove the radiator cap, start the engine and look for bubbles as
you gently rev the engine.  No bubbles, no problem.

Glen