Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice or Rivergate?

To: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice or Rivergate?
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:54:52 -0700
Hello Mike,

     as i understand, the difference is that with Paul A.'s kit you
     use the datsun clutch. this requires that the flywheel be
     modified. He keeps some in stock, so its generally a trade,
     yours for his, assuming that yours is in good condition and the
     condition of the ring gear. ...

     the rivergate uses a rivergate clutch? (someone enlighten me on
     this?) that is then only available from rivergate, but i've not
     heard of anyone ever complain about it. ..

     over the years it seems that those nearer to rivergate go that
     route and those closer to portland or. use the morrisservice kit.

     i've had Paul's kit in my car for about 5 years now. can't
     imagine driving a sprite without one ever again. i've gone so
     far as to have a 1275 flywheel machined and ready to go JUST IN
     CASE i change out my 1098 in the future.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com