Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan

To: Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 00:20:00 -0500
Kate is absolutely right, Bill.  I quit using those damned things many years
ago for exactly that reason. When I travel, be it car or motorcycle, I only
use the "I" roads if I am in a huge hurry (which is usually never now that I
am retired!!).  Lots of times, I don't even take a Rand McNally with me!  I
pick up a state road map when I stop for gas and look for roads that go
through some interesting towns, state forests, parks, mountains, along
rivers...etc. Anything to have some great scenery. Sometimes I don't even
take a map. I just ask somebody along the road for a good way to go....
It's the journey... not the destination....

Of course, if you have time constraints......    Still...   No need to go
through Denver.   Go I-80 and I-29 to Kansas City. From there you'll find a
number of somewhat more scenic routes to Osage Beach.

Cheers!!
Jim

On 4/2/08, Kate <kgb@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Pull up Rand McNally and plot your trip from one stopping point to the
> next, and then print it out.  All the mapping services send you via
> Interstates, regardless of what route you prefer. For example, going
> from Elko to Portland, they route us east on I-80 to SLC, then north on
> I-84 to Portland.  Why would I want to drive 300 miles out of my way?
>

> Kate
>

> >       I recieved my TRIPTIK pack from AAA today. (

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>