[Spridgets] Rear Axel Question

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Rear Axel Question
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:44:05 -0500
I replaced my rear axels with new hard versions last night and I found that
the old axels had bigger holes (7/16) for the wheel studs.  The studs had
some rust on them that made the new axels a tight fit until I cleaned them
up.  I wonder now if the old axels were drilled out for larger wheel studs?
I have found other things on my car that lead me to think it was raced at
one time or another before it was returned to the road.  The new good axels
are installed and fit right with 3/8 studs.  I guess I need confirmation
that original axels should have 3/8 stud holes.

Thanks,

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com