Re: [Spridgets] Rims FS on Fleabay

To: Guy Weller <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rims FS on Fleabay
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:31:49 -0400
Bill, I rolled the edges and I didn't put that in my last email.

Larry

On Apr 15, 2008, at 4:43 AM, Guy Weller wrote:

> Bill,
>
> 5 1/2 J rims fit OK with 165/70/13 tyres  With 175s you may need to
> fold the
> inner edge of the lip of the wheel arch back , or "ease" the wheel
> arch out
> a fraction with a baseball bat.  Fitting a Panhard rod would also help
> locate the axle and prevent the tyre wall rubbing on hard cornering.
>
> Guy

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Declare your Independence, Bring your MG to MG 2008
Valley Forge, PA June 26-29, 2008
http://mg2008.com

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".