[Spridgets] Moss Motors

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Moss Motors
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:39:35 -0500
OK, I am not a Moss Motors basher. I appreciate the amount of stuff they
carry, etc. Sometimes, however, I just have to squawk.

Today I got an email from them advertising their annual upholstery sale and
a few new items. One of the new items was an "MGB Cruise Control Kit". One
glance confirmed that it is the same AudioVox CCS-100 kit I have on my
Midget. I clicked the link to find some justification for their claim of
"Engineered especially for use with HIF, HS and Zenith carbs", to find that
they are charging over 2.5 times as much as I paid for mine, they are
including the magnetic pulse generator which restricted mine to only working
under 60mph (great feature!) and they have tweaked the freely downloadable
installation instructions to show their ways of connecting the actuator
cable to an MGB carb. Interestingly enough, their method for connecting to
an SU carb is exactly the way I wound up doing mine... Were they watching
me??? I also noted that they did not mention the possible need to implement
a vacuum tank. Maybe (I doubt it) the MGB doesn't need it, but I KNOW my
1275 does unless you are not anticipating any hills.

This kit is readily available for $90, but they are asking $249!!!

Thanks for letting me vent ;-)
David Lieb
1972 1960 1974 1973