Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearing question

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearing question
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:11:38 -0500
HOLD IT!   There is no similarity between and MGB and a Spridget
front wheel hub and bearing beyond the number of bearings, a seal,
and the fact that they both have 4 studs. COMPLETELY different
original design. DO NOT apply one repair procedure to the other.

Leo, your problem could be a worn hub where the ID especially for the
outer bearing is worn. Using the Unipart/Moss supplied bearing kit
with the narrow-width outer race exacerbates the problem. I have 20 +
hubs here with that same problem, and we are working on a solution.
(we actually have the solution, just trying to figure if anyone would
pay for it)

Did you use the narrow-width outer race bearing? If so, a different
outer bearing may solve it.

         Peter C
======