Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Midget tune up and interesting timing

To: <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1500 Midget tune up and interesting timing
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:56:21 -0700
Adrian,

The 1500's had a couple of different timing specs, depending on model
year and emissions equipment. Many of the later ones had a vacuum retard
(not advance), and the timing spec was 2* ATDC with the vac hose
connected.

Doing it by what your TR3 book says, you really need an adjustable
timing light. I think full advance is in by 3000rpm (not sure). Anyway,
by this method you should set the timing for 32* total advance.

What year is your 1500, and do you have all (or any) of the smog
equipment still in place?

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/