[Spridgets] Paul A update 04-23

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Paul A update 04-23
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:24:13 -0700
I've been in touch with Paul on a regular basis and he seems to be doing
fairly well. He's still staying at his girlfriend's house in Salem, which is
about an hour south of Portland. They've been coming up to Portland 2-3 times
a week, mostly for doctor's visits. Depending on the day's energy level (once
in a while the medications can make him really "fuzzy") he's been also able to
do the occasional Morrisservice-related side trip, mostly ordering parts he
needs from his machinist and that sort of thing. He's not yet in the position
to do much in the way of physical activity but is able to keep track of a lot
of little details in his head. I consider this a good thing. Basically, he
wants to be able to start transitioning back into some degee of productivity
as soon as prudently possible.

As a side note, given his energy levels, answering emails and keeping up with
the lists has become a lower priority; he can only sit at the computer for
10-20 minutes at a time. So, if you have a pressing question feel free to
route it through me and I will bring it to his attention.

As another side note, Paul has probably been calling me more often than I have
been calling him. I've developed woes and maladies of my own and am, right
now, only semi-mobile. If he hasn't heard from me for a day or so he calls to
see if I am doing okay, if he and Lillis can do anything for me on a trip to
Portland, etc., etc. That's the kind of people they are.

And, although he as significant difficulty in articulating it, Paul is also
extremely appreciative of the support he's received from the fine folks on the
lists.

I'll keep you posted of further developments as they occur.

Pete