Re: [Spridgets] Door seal recommendation???

To: dmg@bossig.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Door seal recommendation???
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:07:47 -0400
Dave G. wrote:
> Early '65 Sprite, wind-up windows.
>
> Can anybody suggest/recommend a source or supplier for about 12ft of
> affordable door seal???
JC Whitney. the 5/8 side bulb rubber stuff is fantastic!
It has no clips, a vinyl push fit with a sponge rubber side bulb that
not only fits, but it stays on AND it even seals the doors!
I  think it only comes ion a 25' roll but it's $30 or so for the roll,
maybe $40 now but a roll does 2 Sprites because I happen to have enough
from a past project to do the 67 this past winter.
The doors do need a hard push to close at first but the sponge rubber
takes shape and it works perfectly after about a week.
Again, it's the side bulb stuff, 5/8 or maybe 11/16, it is the thinnest
side bulb weather strip.
part # xm132561   $39.95 for 25' roll.

--
Frank Clarici