Re: [Spridgets] Fuel line question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fuel line question
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> side.  What should I use to seal the fittings?  Is
> the white vinyl tape used in plumbing fixtures OK to
> use here?  I wasn't sure if the fuel would dissolve

David,
The white teflon tape will dissolve almost instantly
(easy to test!). I'm told the yellow stuff is OK, but
I used to use stuff that's in the chemical goop
section of the auto parts store that's listed as being
fuel safe. Peter C. gave this stuff called "Gasoila"
that I use now without issue. Frank had a bathroom
sealant that worked as well, I forget what it was.
Ron