[Spridgets] Vacuum Tap on HIF44 Carb

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Vacuum Tap on HIF44 Carb
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:29:03 -0700 (PDT)
I have my 1275 running great at the moment with one little problem that is
driving me nuts, if you'll pardon the pun.  The vacuum tap fitting on the
HIF44 carb is only a friction fit into small hole in the carb body behind
the piston chamber.  I have a plastic vacuum line connected with push-on
rubber end fittings that works fine except the little metal nipple fitting
on the carb keeps falling out.  At first it stayed in O.K., after a while
it would come out of the hole and I would have to push it back in.  Now
the thing is no longer tight in the hole and will not stay in.  Any ideas
on how to make it stay put?  Epoxy? J&B Weld?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2