[Spridgets] Envy

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [Spridgets] Envy
From: "B- Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:05:53 -0700
Early on, I had to make a decision:   plan on going to LotO for the 50th
anniversary, or ship my car to England to take part in the John O'Groat to
Land's End run that was planned, then to some of the anniversary
celebrations over there.  Then the planning of a family reunion in England
clinched it.   I would ship the car over and spend the summer in Blighty.

As time passed, my plans began to fall apart.    Our two daughters decided
they had had enough of Southern California, its masses of cars, highways,
high rises, steel, glass, hordes of people moving in, and what seems to be
an imminent annexation by Mexico.   They decided to get while the getting
was good, and went "town hunting".   Both decided on a more pastoral life in
Central and East Tennessee.  Then, the crushing news.   Both families,
including our four grandsons, would be moving after the school year ended,
most likely in June.

We have always been fortunate with one daughter and her family living a mile
from us, our son and his family two miles from us, and his twin sister 80
miles south with her family on Coronado Island.   Yes, we were spoiled.
Those of you who have children and grandchildren who live close-by know the
immense blessing He has given you.   Those whose children have moved far
away, can understand the depression we are now going through.

That brought a screeching halt to any plans to celebrate the Sprite golden
anniversary in England.   But in order that I might spend as much time as
possible with the family, it also meant I would have to forego LotO.

For the last week, I have had two grandsons staying with us, and it has been
grand spinning around in the Sprite.  The oldest is 12, and he has already
started searching eBay with the dream of getting a project Bugeye and
working on it until he can get a license.   Next week, there will be three
grandsons here, as our cup overfloweth.

As I have been reading of the preparations everyone has been making for the
great event, I have felt increasingly somber and depressed that I will not
be able to be there with my car that I have had for almost as long as the
infectious Bugeye has been on the road.

Have fun, you guys and gals.   Know that my heart and soul will be with you
there.

Know also that I am filled with envy.

Buster