Re: [Spridgets] 123 Ignition expert

To: kidjoevid@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 123 Ignition expert
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:40:22 -0500
Are you using a pertronix or something?  There are two ways a set of
points could do that:

1.      Points are not mounted in the right holes (wrong points)

2.      Rotor is not fully mounted in its hole (or wrong rotor)

the third possibility is a rebuilt dizzy with the plate not mounted
where it should be which would disturb the relationship between the
rotor and the points.

Lester

.. had this happen when using the pertornix unit on a 2 stroke and it
took a while to figure out that I was getting fire just when the
rotor was between contacts on the cap!