Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye original paint

To: <tinydog@snet.net>, "'Urban Legends'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye original paint
From: "B- Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:05:23 -0700
Tinydog wrote:  " Jim Clark died on April 7th 1968 at Hockenheim."

The *track* where he died was Hockenheimring.

Tinydog wrote:  " He entered this Formula 2 race out of his love for
racing."

Strange.  Where did you get this information?   I can well remember the
resentment against Firestone that developed among some people, because they
forced Clark to run at Hockenheimring.   He had preferred Goodyears, but
Lotus had a new contract with Firestone, and although Clark wanted to race
at Brands Hatch, he was forced to go to9 Hockenheimring, instead.   Just in
case my memory was failing me, I took a look in the Internet.   My
recollection is supported in a number of sites:

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/bunthund/1398636/in/album/45454

http://www.wheelsofspeed.com/history/april_7.html

http://forums.autosport.com/printthread.php?threadid=44108

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Clark

http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlekay/2539408130/

The great irony, and perhaps the cause of much bitterness toward Firestone,
was that accident investigators concluded that the cause of the accident was
a deflating rear tire!

Tinydog wrote:  "Lotus cars at that time were green with the exception of
the Cortina which was white with a green accent."

>From the early 20th century until the late 1960's or early 1970's, the FIA
had dictated national colors in Grand Prix racing, and green was the color
assigned to England.   That is also why Ferraris were red!

Buster