[Spridgets] Test drive

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Test drive
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:33:43 -0700
Hi Folks,

Just finished my first extended test drive (have done a few short
trips) and the car is running almost they way I would like.  Under
light throttle it has a pretty steady popping or rapping, sort of
like a race car near idle.  Considerable rapping under hard
deceleration. Then with light acceleration it will occasionally
gasp.  It does fine under hard acceleration and at high rpm's.

Have just finished a tune up - - new plugs at 0.030 gap, valves set,
timing at 22 BTDC, Pentronix ignition, some minor adjustment of the
carb balance and fuel mixture.  Seems like it is still to rich but
the jets are only out six flats and the mixture seems to be OK at idle.

Thoughts?

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition