Re: [Spridgets] Over the road

To: "'Kate'" <kgb@frontiernet.net>, <dmg@bossig.com>, "'spriteMidget
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Over the road
From: "B- Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:08:28 -0700
Kate wrote:  If you mean Little America, the only truck stop in the world
with it's own zip code, that same meal would cost you about $30 today, and
would all be from cans.  The souveniers in the gift shops are all equally
hugh priced and made mostly in China.

Kate, you have just shattered all of my fond memories of a small piece of
America in the middle of Wyoming.   The folks had moved from Iowa to
California, and if they went back in winter, it was on U.S. 66.  In the
summer, though, it was on U.S. 30, long before there was an Interstate 80.
Back then, Little America was just a collection grubby little car park
bungalows, a gas station, and cafi.   Over the years, I saw the slow
evolution into the massive industry it is today.   Well, as it was by about
1976.

And the days drift by..

Buster